Sunday, May 26, 2013

Addicted to Adele

Adele, a singer dear to our hearts that is known for singing about heartbreak. She was born as Adele Laurie Blue Adkins in the UK. Adele was discovered through the social networking site, Myspace, in 2006 when her friend posted her demo. In 2007 she won the Brit Awards "Critics Choice". Her powerful pop/R&B Soul music started creeping up the charts.
Her album "19" was released in 2008. When she appeared on Saturday Night Live in that same year, 2008, it only boosted her musical career. At the 2009 Grammy Awards she received two awards, Best New Artist and Best Female Pop Performance.
In 2011 when her next album "21" came out she won many other awards. It would take forever to list all the awards Adele has won over her musical career. In 2012 she won six Grammy awards! All of the awards she has won reflects on her career. People all over the world enjoy her soothing and peaceful music.
I think that people like her music because it is so much different from everything else that is popular right now. The public can really relate to her songs because all of us have had heart breaks before. Even though Adele is very popular in the music business, you never really see a lot about her in magazines for the wrong reasons. Celebrities are put into magazines and websites because of the paparazzi, but most of the time people have only one mean thing that they could say about her.
The only thing that I have ever heard ANYONE make fun of Adele about is her weight. I don't think that her weight is that much of an issue. Where I heard this from, you might ask? I heard it from Joan Rivers. She said, "Rolling In the Deep should have been called Rolling In the Deep Fried Chicken." Don't worry, I wouldn't listen to anything Rivers has to say. She was also trashing Ann Curry, Tom Cruise, and Jay Leno. I think that Adele shows that beautiful comes in all different shapes and sizes. I don't think that Adele should worry about her weight because her looks don't really matter, it's what's on the inside that counts. To me it's not about the artists public persona or appearance, it's about the music they make.
I don't know about you guys but I am DYING for her next album to come out. It is rumored to come out in mid-2014. I'm excited to hear the new songs that she is currently recording at Columbia Records.  But overall whatever her next album brings to us Adele will always have a special place in my heart! <3 And my favorite song by her is off the 21 album called One and Only and I have the link below.

Yours Truly, 
Carrot (:


No comments:

Post a Comment